Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Cycling Experiment - Week 10 - The End

It looks like the bicycling project is coming to an early end at week ten. I've now traveled approximately 880 miles, saved just a few pennies shy of $175, and recouped about 25% of the purchase price of the bike.

It is coming to the end because I got a volleyball job after three years of actively searching. I'll be moving this coming week. I'm flying out, and the family will follow when our place sells. For the immediate future my bike will be my sole mode of transportation. I won't be continuing the gas saved tally because it isn't a choice between buying gas and riding my bike. Perhaps I'll think about continuing the tally after we get settled into our new life, but for now it is on permanent hiatus.

No comments: