Pages

Monday, November 09, 2015

This Product Had To Be Designed By An Engineer

You know the old saying, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone"? I recently had to retire my shower puff. Because of a painful lack of foresight, I have been using a washcloth until I can replace my trusty puff. All I will say is the experience is wanting.

The shower puff is a truly wonderful creation. The more I think about what I'm missing, the more I am impressed by the elegant simplicity of the humble puff. It is a true engineering marvel that had to be designed by an engineer.

Just think about it. It has male written all over it. It is really cheap. They can be picked up for about a dollar. It makes cleaning thorough. It scrubs better than a washcloth. And the puff uses less soap than a washcloth. The puff gives me more lather from less soap than what I've been using with a washcloth. Engineers love designing efficiency. The puff is efficiency incarnate.

I salute the genius responsible for the shower puff. I stand on the shoulders of a giant every time I use one to clean. Now I need to dig through the couch cushions to replace that fallen comrade. That washcloth that has been filling in just doesn't make the cut. And its starting to smell, something else a puff doesn't do.

No comments: